Safety Equipment

Safety Equipment
Questions & Answers : All about Safety Equipments (0)
Show: 
View As:ListGrid
Sort By:
Sort By:
View As:ListGrid

As with any chemicals, there are inherent dangers that accompany applying and dealing with pesticides. Two of the major hazards one could encounter while utilizing pesticides include inhalation and absorption. Depending on the pesticide, there may be different side effects. One of the most important factors is to pay close attention to the signal word on the product label; pesticides labeled with "Caution" are slightly toxic, "Warning" are moderately toxic, and "Danger" are highly toxic. With symptoms ranging from mild (fatigue and headache) to severe (infertility and tumor development, it is necessary to be as cautious and protected as possible when dealing with pesticides.

Pest Mall carries a wide assortment of pest control safety equipment and supplies. You'll find all that you need here for preventive measures against professional grade pesticides and their chemicals.

Different Types of Safety Equipment

Pest Mall offers a wide variety of different types of safety equipment that will do anything from cleaning up spills to protecting one’s body from bee stings.

  • Spill Absorbers: One of the first things one learns when dealing with chemicals is that spills must be dealt with immediately. Therefore, it is essential to clean up any pesticide spills as soon as possible, for the sake of human and environmental safety. Pest Mall offers two different types of absorbers that fundamentally solidify spills into gel form, facilitating cleaning. Some absorbers even come in a kit complete with protective clothing and gear in order to affirm safe pesticide disposal and clean up.
  • Respirator Masks: The most common way exterminators, homeowners, and business owners experience pesticide poisoning is through inhalation. In order to lessen the probability of this dangerous condition, manufacturers have produced certified, high-quality respirator masks that will protect the wearer from most of the harmful fumes emitted by fogging and aerosol insecticides and from inhaling dust pesticides. The masks will either filter the air to allow the wearer to breathe in clean air or block the bad air from permeating through the mask. Some respirator masks have replaceable respiration cartridges.
  • Safety Goggles: When handling chemicals in general, it is of utmost importance to keep the eyes protected. While splashing some pesticides onto the skin may cause irritation and swelling, pesticides that contact the eyes could cause permanent and serious damage, resulting in at least irritation and possibly even blindness. In order to prevent that from happening, Pest Mall provides safety goggles that customers can wear while applying pesticides that may splash into their eyes. However, the goggles only cover the eyes, so wear a mask with them if necessary.
  • Protective Clothing: Pest Mall values the safety of its customers, which is why we provide several protective clothing to establish safe pesticide application procedures. Another major way people experience pesticide contamination is by absorption through the skin. Pest Mall provides coveralls and gloves to protect the wearer from suffering from absorption poisoning. The protective covering will also keep clothes from becoming dirty in situations where pesticide application must be made in muddy, damp areas. Regardless of whether or not one is wearing protective clothing, one must always wash clothes worn during pesticide application immediately afterwards.
  • Bee Suit: In cases where one is handling bees or other stinging insects, a bee suit is recommended to protect the wearer from painful stings. Pest Mall offers a lightweight yet durable bee suit that effectively prevents stingers from penetrating the fabric. Complete with a netted headpiece, the bee suit effectively protects the entirety of the wearer from stinging insects. The bee suit is available in three different sizes (L, XL, and XXL) to accommodate different heights.

What to do When Exposed to Pesticides

Pesticide exposure can happen through inhalation, absorption, or ingestion. Depending on the application method of the pesticide, one may experience an acute (swift, one-time use) response or a chronic (delayed, repeated exposure) response.

If one inhales a pesticide, leave the treated area immediately and take deep breaths of clean, uncontaminated, fresh air. If pesticide comes in contact with the skin, wash the contaminated area immediately with soap and water, making sure to not touch the eyes, genital areas, or underarms, which absorb pesticides more quickly, until the chemical has been thoroughly and completely washed off. If clothes have traces of pesticides on them, remove the clothing immediately and wash it thoroughly before wearing it again. If a pesticide is ingested, one should rinse out the mouth thoroughly and drink copious amounts of water to attempt to dilute out the pesticide a bit.

It is always recommended to contact a medical or poison control center even if one does not experience any symptoms of pesticide poisoning after being exposed. If symptoms are observed in the least, seek medical attention immediately, making sure to show the medical professional the pesticide and its product label so he/she can properly treat the poisoning.

Do You Have a Question about this Product? Ask Our Experts!


Sort By :
show shortly product
Cart button
Customers Testimonials
Product purchased was reasonably priced and will allow me to control my rodent issue without use of a local higher priced exterminator

- swrobinson -
Informational tips will be delivered every week to your email address..